Our Grants - 47 Awarded Totaling $71,280 in 2017-2018
The Foundation has provided support for:
Grants in the News
• Dedicated Teachers!
• 47 Grants Awarded Totaling $71,280
• Rhonda Gowler Greene, MI author
• More than $5,000 awarded in grants in March 2018
• No Pirates Allowed!, Rhonda Gowler Greene
• Draw Comics at the Middle School
• Read and Ride
• Robotics Competition Video
• Nearly $16,000 in grants awarded in January!
• Literature Leaders
• Wobble Stools for Students
• Joel Blackburn's Scratch Guitar
• Staff Learning at Catalyst University
• Oh, baby! at GLHS
• Farm Bureau Science Lab for K-3rd grades
• GLHS Model UN & Debate Team
• Way to go Ryan Twisted Devils!
• $79,320 Grants awarded through 44 Grants!
• Innovation Day, May 19, 2017
• Festival of the Senses, LaRon Williams
• Outdoor Classroom Pavilion Opening Day, April 12, 2017
• Cameras for the HS Yearbook Staff
• $96,760 awarded through 43 Grants!
Previously Awarded Annual Grants
Click here for a PDF grant feedback form or click below for online submission. Grantees are asked to submit the form and are encouraged to send an article and photos about the grant to the school district's Communicator. Read "Our Mail" for feedback about awarded grants.
Richland Elementary's Karen Koets and Erika Zimmer are back from an inspiring Michigan Reading Association summer literary conference! Two of the authors featured in break-out sessions were Debbie Diesen (Pout Pout Fish) and Lester Laminack (Three Hens and a Peacock).
The GLCS Foundation is proud to send our teachers to conferences any time of the year! #glcsfgrants
At the heart of the Foundation’s efforts are grants which are distributed throughout the school year to benefit the Gull Lake Community Schools.
Grant applications - single year and multi-year - are accepted only from GLCS Staff Members and GLCS Students. The applicant must be currently employed or enrolled in Gull Lake Community Schools.
There are two main grant categories:
Application: click here
Student Grant -- These grants are for students who want to explore further a subject they have been studying and are generally under $300 per student. Awards above this amount will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Staff Grant-- Grants offered to staff for projects that enhance their in-class expertise. They can fund training, additional resources, in-the-field experiences, residencies, and partnerships.
General Grant -- Monies requested by administrators and staff for resources to purchase new equipment and to develop creative, new programs or projects.
Innovation Grant -- These grants are for programmatic, innovative ideas, and are available for up to three years of funding.
A multi-year grant application will be provided after an informal presentation to the GLCS Foundation Grant Committee. To schedule a presentation, contact your school liaison as listed below:
Richland Elementary - Karen Koets
Kellogg Elementary - Janelle Holland
Ryan Intermediate - Gretchen Bonesteel
GLMS - Laurie Klok
GLHS - Beth Rhodes
All others - Drew Bordner