Our Grants - 43 Awarded Totaling $96,760 in 2015-2016
The Foundation has provided support for:
Grants in the News
• Innovation Day, May 19, 2017
• Festival of the Senses, LaRon Williams
• Outdoor Classroom Pavilion Opening Day, April 12, 2017
• Cameras for the HS Yearbook Staff
• $96,760 awarded through 43 Grants!
• Spoken-word Artist
• Read and Ride: Animals, Books and FUN!
• CPR Mannequinns at the High School
• Year of Science Funding Update
• Debate Team at the High School
• Sharing is Caring at the Y
• GL Schools Community Garden
• Dancing with the Stars - Cecchetti Ballet
• Bright Night - October 20, 2015
• Read and Ride Article
• Communicator Article - Gateway Academy
• Capturing Kids' Hearts
• Another Year for The Leader in Me Program
• Greenhouse Project in Full Bloom
• Leader in Me Program
• Festival of the Sense May 8 & 9!
• Artist Sayaka Ganz May 8!
• 2014-2015 2nd Trimester Grants
• Robotics March 13 & 14 at GLHS
• Bright Night on March 23, 2015
• Two articles highlighting Self-Defense Class at Gateway Academy
• 3-D Printers at GLMS & GLHS
• Rowing Machines at GLMS
• Story Time Slime
• Kellogg Teachers "OOOH" for Slime!
• Growing a Greenhouse - Communicator Article
• The Year of Science at Ryan Intermediate
• Greenhouse Nearing Completion
• Several grants highlighted in the October 2014 Communicator
At the heart of the Foundation’s efforts are grants which are distributed throughout the school year to benefit the Gull Lake Community Schools.
Grant applications - single year and multi-year - are accepted only from GLCS Staff Members and GLCS Students. The applicant must be currently employed or enrolled in Gull Lake Community Schools.
There are two main grant categories:
Application: click here
Student Grant -- These grants are for students who want to explore further a subject they have been studying and are generally under $300 per student. Awards above this amount will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Staff Grant-- Grants offered to staff for projects that enhance their in-class expertise. They can fund training, additional resources, in-the-field experiences, residencies, and partnerships.
General Grant -- Monies requested by administrators and staff for resources to purchase new equipment and to develop creative, new programs or projects.
Innovation Grant -- These grants are for programmatic, innovative ideas, and are available for up to three years of funding.
A multi-year grant application will be provided after an informal presentation to the GLCS Foundation Grant Committee. To schedule a presentation, contact your school liaison as listed below:
Richland Elementary - Karen Koets
Kellogg Elementary - Janelle Holland
Ryan Intermediate - Gretchen Bonesteel
GLMS - Laurie Klok
GLHS - Randy Walbridge
All others - Drew Bordner
Click here for a PDF grant feedback form or click below for online submission. Grantees are asked to submit the form and are encouraged to send an article and photos about the grant to the school district's Communicator. Read "Our Mail" for feedback about awarded grants.
Previously Awarded Annual Grants