Gull Lake High School Cafeteria
7753 N. 34th Street
Richland, MI 49083
For Adults Only; What To Do When Our Kids Are In Crisis!
The Gatekeeper Program was developed in 1988 and was reviewed and added to the Best Practices Registry (Suicide Prevention Resource Center/American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) in 2007. In addition to discovering what our kids are learning, the evening will also include an educational component designed to help prepare adults for responding to those in crisis. Let's increase our awareness of what to look for and also how to help individuals struggling with depression and thoughts of suicide. In the Gatekeeper Program, students are asked to identify the adult they would go to if they had a friend who was thinking of taking their own life - their #1 choice is a parent. For parents of all ages, this special Bright Night event will shed some light on how to be prepared. You will not want to miss it.
- A presentation by Lacee Lyons, Director of Suicide Prevention Education at Gryphon Place
- Resources for the 1st 100 people, including a book on depression
- Panel discussion with Mobile Crisis Response
- Appropriate for parents of all ages
- Childcare will be provided
For more information: Joni Knapper at 488-5020, x. 1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gulllakecs.org